Pumpkin Flower Fritters
Food Group: Vegetable
|2 large eggs, slightly beaten|
|4 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour|
|1/4 cup(s) water|
|3 tablespoon(s) pecorino romano cheese|
|1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 clove(s) fresh garlic, grated|
|pinch baking powder|
|7 medium pumpkin flowers, large chop|
1) Using a wire whisk, add flour 1 tbls at a time to the eggs until completely incorporated.
2) Whisk in the water a little at a time to desired consistency. It should be a medium thickness..
3) Stir in remaining ingredients.
4) Heat oil over medium heat until a breadcrumb dropped in will sizzle. Using a small ladel or ice cream scoop carefully add batter to oil maintaining a "fritter" shape.
5) Fry until browned on one side, you may need to splash a little oil over the top of the fritter to "slightly set" it before turning over.
6) Continue frying on other side until golden.
7) Remove from oil, sprinkle with salt while still hot and serve.
Notes:This will make 6 medium size fritters.